These just happen to be my favorite cookies to bake right now. I have tried many many paleo friendly chocolate chip recipes and these cookies right here are it. They're the bomb dot com! And the recipe is so simple too! (which is hard to believe since they're so darn yummy. You'd think you need some magical ingredient or something but NOPE!)
The original recipe is HERE. I doubled the recipe below because you're going to want more. So, you're welcome.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo friendly)
- 2 cups of almond flour (I like them grainy, but if you're not a fan of that, use blanched almond flour)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 8 tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 6 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup or more chocolate chips (Enjoy Life's)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flours, sea salt, and baking soda.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the eggs, honey, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Combine the liquid mixture in with the dry and stir! Then add the chocolate chips!
5. Grab your lined or oiled baking sheet (I use parchment paper) and drop tablespoons of dough 1 inch apart. Gently press down on them with your fingers so they cook better.
6. Bake for about 8-11 min (every oven is different, so keep an eye on them! Mine are perfect when they're slightly golden on the edges. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.)