A couple weeks ago, me and my friend Kelly (from ThistleandBlooms.com) had a fun morning shooting yummy scones and pretty bouquets of flowers! I have to say, if you're looking for a florist for a wedding or event here in Austin, Kelly is your girl! She is extremely talented and such a joy to work with! Be sure to check out her website to see more of her amazing work!
I hope y'all enjoyed these photos as much as we enjoyed taking them. :)
Oh and we pretty much devoured every scone after taking these pictures....
They were good. SO good.
Blueberry Paleo Scones
1¾ cups blanched almond flour, sifted
3 tbsp coconut flour, sifted
¼ cup honey
3 tbsp almond milk (or milk of your choice), plus 1 tbsp extra for brushing
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt together until well combined. Then add the honey, egg, 3 tbsp milk, and coconut oil in with the flours. Mix well until dough forms. Gently fold in blueberries.
3. Place dough on a flat surface covered with parchment paper and flatten to about 1/2 inches. Using your preferred biscuit cutter as a shaper (I used a round glass cup), gently press down to form round biscuits. Carefully place your round dough shapes onto your covered baking sheet.
4. Brush scones with your remaining tbsp of milk.
5. Bake for 18-20min until edges are golden brown. Let them cool for about 10 min and then ENJOY!
Raspberry Paleo Scones
1 ½ cups almond flour (or 1 1/3 cups ground)
¼ cup arrowroot
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 cup fresh raspberries (or blueberries)
¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil (*not melted*)
3 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9inch round pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot, salt, baking powder and then stir in the raspberries (fruit of choice).
3. Whisk all the wet ingredients together in a small bowl, then add them in with the dry/fruit mixture. Stir until well combined.
4. Pour dough into the baking pan and bake for 25-30min. (edges should be slightly golden)
5. Let cool for about 10-15min. ENJOY!