I saw this recipe on Sweet Laurel's blog and I just had to try them!
Sweet Laurel is a bakery that provides all-natural, no sugar, and gluten free options. (it's pretty much a dream come true for me!)
If you're not a fan of eating veggies, then this is maybe ONE way you can enjoy them...
So don't let the zucchini scare you because if I didn't tell you it was a main ingredient, you would be asking me for a second muffin... and maybe even a third. I promise!
These muffins are perfectly sweet and super chocolatey for you chocolate lovers out there!
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins (paleo)
~ 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
~ 3 eggs (room temperature)
~ 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
~ 1/3 cup honey, or maple syrup
~ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
~ 1/3 cup coconut flour
~ 1/4 cup cocoa powder
~ 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
~ 1/2 teaspoon salt
Chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Prepare your small loaf pans with parchment paper, or a cupcake tin with liners.
2. In a blender or a food processor, combine the zucchini, eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract.
3. In a small bowl, combine your dry ingredients (coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt) and then mix them into the wet batter.
4. Carefully pour or spoon your batter into your loaf pans or cupcake liners. Next sprinkle chocolate chips on top for a more chocolatey flavor. (optional)
5. Bake in the oven for about 30-35min, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*Note: if you decided to go with muffins, bake them for about 20-25min. These tend to bake a little faster.*