Since swimwear season is right around the corner, I thought I'd share some of my favorites by some of the best brands! (in my opinion)
1. Strappy Plunging Swimsuit from Express ($69.50). I'm not usually a fan of one-pieces (usually because my torso is always a bit too long for them), but this one definitely caught my eye! It's sophisticated yet the cut-out neckline adds a little touch of, um, "sass" if that's the word we're going for... (*cough* sexiness *cough*). I'm really tempted to just order this one and hope it fits!
2. Inky Floral Underwire Bikini Top from J.Crew ($58), 3. Bikini Boy Short from J.Crew ($46), 4. Sailor Stripe Underwire Bikini Top from J.Crew ($48). J.Crew really does no wrong with their suits... they always have the best prints, they're comfortable, and they fit perfectly! I love the underwire bikini tops because they add the perfect lift for us not-so-busty girls. :) And how cute are the floral and stripe prints? Love 'em! The boy shorts are always a winner for me too... They cover you up while showing off the booty. (the right way!)
5. The Forever Tankini from Victoria's Secret ($48.50), 6. The Skirted Bikini from Victoria's Secret ($36.50). If you tend to go more for tankini's, VS has a really great selection of different styles, colors and prints. I went with the eggplant because it's not too bright yet it still stands out.
Next week I'll share where to find sassy & cute cover-ups! :)
This is probably my favorite spot in my apartment right now. The windows let in perfect natural light and I get to watch all my neighbor dogs running around the grassy field in front of my home. I absolutely love it! (oh and my kitchen is right behind me so I can easily make hot tea when I run out. Hah!)
I know it's been a while since I've given y'all an update on my life and I thought today would be a good day to do so! So here I go...
First of all, I am extremely thankful to be where I am today. Austin has already been so great and I can see that God is really going to do a lot in my life here... I have met so many amazing people and have made friendships that I know are going to make a huge impact in my life. I'm excited to see how God will use all of us in this city!
My health has never been better too! After getting my gallbladder out in December, I am way more energized, I can actually eat again, sleep, and workout without any worries. I feel like a new person and it feels GREAT! :)
I found out last month that we will have a new little one joining our family in October. Yes, I am going to be an auntie again and I couldn't be more excited! My niece has brought nothing but joy to our family and to think there's going to be another one is just too good to be true!
There has been a few bumps in the road here and there. But of course, without those we wouldn't grow and mature more, right? Right. I recently hit a little bump... it was one of those "okay, this was not what I saw coming..." but again, sometimes God does that to get our attention to trust in His plan rather than our own. And I definitely need those reminders! :)
All that being said, do you ever sit down and list the things that currently make you super happy or what your thankful for?
Well I'm going to do just that right here because why not! And if you want, go ahead and comment
telling me what your list is. I would love to read them!
Happy//Thankful For List:
The new baby on the way
Sunflowers (or any flower)
My new home
Pinterest (silly, but true)
San Diego trips
Long video chats
I could go on and on.. but that's all I'll share today! :)
P.S. I gave in (again) and joined SnapChat! Username: SuddenlyDarling
Since it's St. Patty's day and all, I thought I'd share my go-to green pineapple smoothie recipe!
(You know, because it's green and all.)
Green Pineapple Smoothie
3/4- 1 cup frozen pineapple
1 handful of spinach, washed
1 tbsp raw almond butter
3-4 dates, pitted
1 cup water
hemp seeds (optional)
Place all ingredients in your Vitamix or blender and blend on high-speed until you get the smoothie consistency you like.
Once ingredients are well blended, poor in a small glass and sprinkle hemp seeds on top!
Hope you all have a safe and happy St. Patty's Day!
P.S. Kiss me, I'm Irish. ;)
Who doesn't love Reese's chocolate eggs? NO ONE! But sadly they're loaded with sugar and preservatives... so if you want a "healthy" version, these right here are the real deal. They are made with sunflower seed butter (a nutrient-rich alternative to peanut butter), sweetened with honey, and dipped in Enjoy Life chocolate chips! AND THEY ARE DELICIOUS!
Recipe adapted from Taylor Made It Paleo
~ 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed Butter (or any nut/seed butter of your choice!)
~ 2 tbsp coconut flour
~ 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
~ 1 tsp vanilla extract
~ 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
~ 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
1. In a small bowl, mix together the seed/nut butter, coconut flour, honey and vanilla in a bowl until well combined.
2. Next, form about 1- 1 1/2 tsp size of butter mixture (or however big you want them) into egg-like shapes and place on a lined baking sheet or plate. Place eggs in freezer for about 10min.
3. Pour chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl or coffee mug and heat for about 30-45 seconds (mixing every 15 sec.)
4. Remove eggs from freezer. Using a teaspoon, place one egg on it and carefully dunk it in the melted chocolate until fully covered. Allow excess of chocolate to drip off the eggs then place egg back on the lined plate to harden.
5. Once all eggs are dipped in chocolate, place them in the fridge to harden more. *store eggs in fridge*
6. Last but not least, SERVE! :)