It's been cozy couple of days here in Dallas. Like 70 degree rainy weather type of cozy and it's AUGUST. What's the deal, Texas? I mean, I'm NOT complaining here but woah! This is just crazy!
So me and my friend Julianne had the most brilliant idea to try out these paleo chicken fingers for lunch yesterday and oh my, were they just amazing– restaurant worthy amazing! Well, okay, this is someone who hasn't had chicken tenders in 5+ years but they for sure came close if my taste buds remember correctly! ;)
We also baked up some sweet potato fries and made a honey dijon mustard dip. Talk about YUM!
Paleo Chicken Tenders
2 pounds chicken tenderloins
1 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon flax meal
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
ground black pepper to taste
coconut oil, in a sprayer
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a shallow wide bowl, mix together the almond flour, flax meal, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, parsley, and ground black pepper.
- In another small mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Dip the chicken strips in the egg making sure they are fully coated in the egg mixture. Then dredge them in the almond flour breading.
- Divide the breaded chicken tenders up between the 2 baking sheets and lightly spray with coconut oil (or olive oil spray). Place in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes. Flip the tenders over, lightly spray again with oil and bake for another 6-8 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees (F).
- Transfer the chicken tenders to a platter and serve immediately!
Sweet Potato Fries
4 sweet potatoes, cut 1/4 inches thick
1. Cut your sweet potatoes in 1/4 inch thick strips and place in a big bowl tossed in olive oil.
2. Place foil on a baking sheet and spread potato strips evenly. Sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder to taste.
3. Place in the over at 450 degrees and cook for 20min. Take out fries and carefully flip them over to bake another 20min. Fries should be lightly soft and crispy when done! Serve immediately.
Honey Dijon Mustard Dip
4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1. Mix ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with your chicken tenders and fries!