Who doesn't love Reese's chocolate eggs? NO ONE! But sadly they're loaded with sugar and preservatives... so if you want a "healthy" version, these right here are the real deal. They are made with sunflower seed butter (a nutrient-rich alternative to peanut butter), sweetened with honey, and dipped in Enjoy Life chocolate chips! AND THEY ARE DELICIOUS!
Recipe adapted from Taylor Made It Paleo
~ 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed Butter (or any nut/seed butter of your choice!)
~ 2 tbsp coconut flour
~ 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
~ 1 tsp vanilla extract
~ 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
~ 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
1. In a small bowl, mix together the seed/nut butter, coconut flour, honey and vanilla in a bowl until well combined.
2. Next, form about 1- 1 1/2 tsp size of butter mixture (or however big you want them) into egg-like shapes and place on a lined baking sheet or plate. Place eggs in freezer for about 10min.
3. Pour chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl or coffee mug and heat for about 30-45 seconds (mixing every 15 sec.)
4. Remove eggs from freezer. Using a teaspoon, place one egg on it and carefully dunk it in the melted chocolate until fully covered. Allow excess of chocolate to drip off the eggs then place egg back on the lined plate to harden.
5. Once all eggs are dipped in chocolate, place them in the fridge to harden more. *store eggs in fridge*
6. Last but not least, SERVE! :)